“Permanent Resident Visa” Granted

“Permanent Resident Visa” Granted

Finally, I got a “permanent resident visa” in Australia😆😆😆
As you know, you have a visa to go abroad or live abroad. There are many different types of visas, but the first thing I applied for when I came to Australia was a working holiday visa. After that, I got a student visa and then a partner visa. When I lived in Japan, I never thought about a visa except for travelling abroad, but when it comes to living abroad, it’s super important.

working holiday visa is a visa that, under an agreement between the two countries, allows 18- to 30-year-olds to work while they are staying in a country. Working holidays are a system that provides a comprehensive experience of overseas life, such as “learning,” “working,” and “living,” in addition to “travelling.” There are 26 countries that have agreements with the Japanese government, including Australia, New Zealand and Canada, as well as the United Kingdom, Spain and the Netherlands. If you want to experience living abroad, it is definitely recommended!!
By the way, Australia was the first country to sign an agreement with Japan! (December 1980)

A student visaas the name suggests, is a visa for attending school. In Australia, you apply for this visa when you study at an Australian educational institution for more than three months. Student visas must be taken full-time (more than 20 hours a week) and you can stay in Australia for the duration of the course. Student visas are granted a work permit and are allowed to work up to 20 hours a week. However, you have to have a certain attendance rate (80% of each term) and if the condition cannot be cleared, the school may contact the Immigration Department and the student visa may be cancelled.

A Partner Visa is a visa for a person who marries or is in a de facto relationship with Australian/ permanent residence/ citizenship holder. It is a two-step system. First of all, you apply for a partner visa (temporary). Then after two years from the date of application, you can apply for a partner visa (permanent). Of course, compared to a working holiday visa and student visa, the number of documents which you have to submit and the amount of money which you have to pay are ridiculously large, but there are no restrictions on work, immigration, etc. You can also sign up for something like Australian health insurance called Medicare, and you can get a free medical examination at a public hospital.

By the way, to be precise, there is no system called “permanent residence” in Japan, just “status of residence” is given. In order for a non-Japanese to become a residence in Japan, he or she must have lived in Japan for at least 10 years and worked for more than five years with a working visa. Of course, there seems to be an exception that if the spouse of the Japanese has been married for just 3 years +.
It seems to be very difficult to get permanent residence in any country😓